Our Baby

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Story So Far


K everyone. I know a lot of you are still wondering what the story is behind me and Scott getting engaged, so I'll tell you from the beginning. Most of you know who Heidi is, but if you don't, she's my best girlfriend ever. Scott is her brother. In April I took her invitation to visit California and lived with her family for 2 months. That is where I met Scott. Technically, I met him the August before all this happened, but I didn't really get to talk to him at all. Anyway, a couple weeks there and I decided that I wanted to get to know Scott better. Two months later, we came to BYU together for Summer term and started dating. Then, in mid-September, Scott invited me to go to Mongolia with him. That's where he served his mission and his uncle gave him a job opportunity there. After he invited me, he also suggested that we should be married if I go with him. He told me to "think about it." Well, I did, and a week later we were sitting outside of the temple and I brought it up. I asked him if he really wanted to marry me, or if he was just thinking about it. He told me that, yes, he did want to marry me and I told him I wanted to marry him too. He asked me when, and I asked him when, and he said April. I said "How about December?" He seemed really surprised, but then concluded that December sounded good. We decided to pray about it, and within a week it was decided. The dates for the endowment and sealing are the 23rd and 27th of December, respectively. So, there's the exciting news! I'm still waiting for the ring, but it's ok. It's just a formality anyways. I just wish he'd get a move on!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

YAYAYAY! I love that picture! just so you know I stole the text from that post and put it in my journal! I love you!