Our Baby

pregnancy calendar

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bridal Shower

For my bridal shower, we played a game where everyone names their favorite word and then they get into groups to write a story about the bride and groom using all of those words. Here is the winning story (with everyone's favorite words underlined):

Deep in the ocean where the llamas murmur, a great baseball player tells the story of Camilla and Scott...
Once upon a times there was a young girl named Camilla who wanted more than her provincial life. So, she went on a quest to find the golden doorbell to save her family. She wandered for many days without food or sleep. Nearly a month after she left home, she came across a dark path leading to a dark castle. Being adventurous, she took the road and came to the door of the castle. Next to the door was the golden doorbell! She jingled it zealously and was flabbergasted at the enormous burp that emanated from inside. The beast, Scott, answered the door.
"What do you want?" he murmured.
"I want your doorbell to save my family," Camilla answered.
He took her prisoner, obviously, and she was unhappy. And then she learned of the anthracis from the llama. It said that Scott was under a spell to die of anthracis when the last petal fell unless he could learn his manners.
Camilla ran away, but on the front doorstep she went into cardiac arrest. Scott saved her politely and she fell in love with him. Just before the last petal fell, she said she loved him and kissed him. The spell was broken and the anthracis was gone! And they lived in harmony ever after.
Thus murmured the great baseball player from the depths of the ocean while petting his llama and singing Beauty and the Beast.

We played some other games and ate pizza and cupcakes with root beer. Then came the hard part. My roommates laid out about 6 pairs of jeans and 10 shirts, and I had to guess which ones were Scott's. I picked out the jeans right away with 99% certainty, and then had some trouble deciding which shirt was his. The reason is because Scott gave them a plain shirt that had no recognizable marks that I would be accustomed to seeing. I smelled all the shirts, and none of them smelled like him. When I smelled his shirt, I smelled it near the bottom of the front and couldn't detect his smell on it. Later, I smelled it again and realized it only smelled like him near the top. Well, after picking out the wrong shirt, they had me put the clothes on and they took a picture. After that, we opened presents. Of course, the party wouldn't be complete unless they'd gotten me something scandalous. Well, that was my bridal shower, and it was loads of fun. Thanks for all who planned and participated!

No comments: