Our Baby

pregnancy calendar

Friday, October 5, 2007

Soccer

K, so I just went to the most AWESOMEST soccer game ever! Well first of all, I went to my friend's intramural soccer game. They beat the other team 8 to 0. It was pretty awesome and I was really impressed with my friend's skills. It was kinda annoying how little competition there was, but it's always awesome to kick the other team's butts. Right after the game, we to the BYU girl's soccer game. It was pretty much the most amazing soccer game I've ever seen. First of all, there's this girl on the team named Katie Larkin who is totally amazing, and at just the right moment she turns on her magical soccer superpowers and does something mind-blowing. For this game, it was tied 1 to 1 with two minutes left to go when she tuned in to her extra power source. She basically took on 5 girls from the other team at once, then scored the winning point in the upper corner of the goal - a perfect shot. It was the happiest moment of my life as a soccer lover. After the game, my friend and I practiced soccer for a while. She is teaching me, and so far I am pretty happy with my progress. I am just having a hard time kicking the ball far and with enough power. It still feels awkward, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I am optimistic about it anyway. Learning to kick a soccer ball is so fun! Woot!

No comments: